Resources for Hurricane Preparedness, Response and Recovery
Due to the potential for ongoing changes in laws, mandates and requirements and to ensure you have the most correct and current information, please check originating sources for updates as content could become outdated or obsolete at any time.
- Louisiana Department of lnsurance Emergency Rule 47 - Suspension of Certain Statutes Regarding Cancellations, Terminations, Non-Renewals, and Nonreinstatements, Premium Payments, Claim Filings and Related Provisions Regarding Any and All Insurance Matters Affecting Insureds in Louisiana Caused by the State of Emergency Declared by Governor John Bel Edwards on August 26, 2021, Due to Hurricane Ida (effective from 8/26/2021 to 9/27/2021) (posted 9/2/2021 at 1:03 p.m.)
- Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center is offering workspaces at their Regional Medical Center in Baton Rouge for physicians impacted by Hurricane Ida. They will provide space and workstations for those looking to make phone calls, use computers to log on to their own network, put in orders for patients and even write orders that Our Lady of the Lake can execute (labs, radiology, chemotherapy). WiFi will also be available.
Workstations will be located at:
Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center
5000 Hennessy Boulevard
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
Workstation hours: 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
To request a workstation, please complete this online form: https://ololrmc.com/crisis-management/physician-virtual-workspace
If you have questions, please contact Donna at 225-765-8871. (posted 9/2/2021 at 1:03 p.m.)
- Risk Management Reference Manual: Hurricane Preparedness, Response and Recovery for Medical Practices
This manual offers tips on hurricane preparation, response and recovery unique to medical practices. For information specific to hurricane response and recovery, refer to pages 31-35. LAMMICO policyholders can access the manual by logging in as a Member at lammico.com. The guide is available in the "Risk Management - Reference Manuals" section in the right-hand column of the Member homepage.
To view more resources, click on the plus signs next to each category of content below.
- The U.S. Postal Service has announced resumed operations in many areas and has prepared a list of alternate post office locations for others. All of LAMMICO’s offices can now receive mail. For more information about postal service in hurricane-impacted areas, click here.
- HHS - 2021 Hurricane Ida & HIPAA Bulletin: Limited Waiver of HIPAA Sanctions and Penalties During a Declared Emergency (for LA & MS) (posted 8/31/2021 at 10:48 a.m.)
- HHS OCR Limited Waiver of HIPAA Sanctions and Penalties as the Result of Hurricane Ida (posted 8/31/2021 at 10:35 a.m.)
- HHS: Waiver or Modification of Requirements Under Section 1135 of the Social Security Act (Aug. 30, 2021) (posted 8/31/2021 at 10:48 a.m.)
- OCR Issues Guidance to Help Ensure Equal Access to Emergency Services and the Appropriate Sharing of Medical Information During Hurricane Ida - August 30, 2021 (posted 8/31/2021 at 10:39 a.m.)
- CDC Hurricane Ida - Clinical Guidance for Carbon Monoxide (CO) Poisoning (posted 8/31/2021 at 10:48 a.m.)
- HHS Declaration of Public Health Emergency (PHE) for LA and MS (posted 8/31/2021 at 10:48 a.m.)
- HHS: Preparing for and Responding to Hurricane Ida during the COVID-19 Pandemic (posted 8/31/2021 at 10:48 a.m.)
- FEMA Louisiana Hurricane Ida Resources (posted 8/31/2021 at 10:48 a.m.)
- CDC: Natural Disasters, Severe Weather, and COVID-19 (posted 8/31/2021 at 10:23 a.m..)
- ASPR TRACIE: Hurricane (posted 8/31/2021 at 10:23 a.m.)
- SAMHSA Disaster Distress Helpline (posted 8/31/2021 at 10:23 a.m.)
- OCR HIPAA Emergency Preparedness, Planning, and Response page (posted 8/31/2021 at 10:23 a.m.)
- HIPAA Disclosures for Emergency Preparedness Decision Tool (posted 8/31/2021 at 10:23 a.m.)
- OCR Civil Rights Emergency Preparedness page (posted 8/31/2021 at 10:23 a.m.)
- State of Louisiana Proclamation 170 Amendment to the State of Emergency - Hurricane Ida (effective 8/26/21 - 9/24/21) (posted 9/8/21 at 10:20 a.m.)
- State of Louisiana Proclamation 166 Amendment to State of Emergency - Hurricane Ida (effective Aug. 26 to Sept. 24, 2021) (posted 8/31/ 2021 at 1:14 p.m.)
- LA Department of Insurance - After the Storm Resources (posted 8/31/2021 at 11:15 a.m.)
- State of Louisiana Proclamation 165 State of Emergency - Ida (effective 8/26/21 - 9/27/21) (posted 8/31/2021 at 11:15 a.m.)
- Louisiana Governor's Office Hurricane Ida Resources (posted 8/31/2021 at 11:12 a.m.)
- Louisiana.gov Emergency Page (posted 8/28/2020 at 10:34 a.m.)
- Louisiana Governor’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness (posted 8/31/2021 at 10:35 a.m.)
- Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services (posted 8/31/2021 at 10:36 a.m.) - This website has information on disaster food stamp programs and family support.
- Get a Game Plan (posted 8/31/2021 at 10:38 a.m.) - This website has information on family, kids, business and mitigation planning for disasters and emergencies.