1. Telehealth/Telemedicine (telehealth) coverage for patients located within an insured provider's state is already covered by your LAMMICO policy.
2. Throughout the COVID-19 Emergency Declaration, for insured providers treating patients already established in your state of practice who reside in or are temporarily relocated to another state(s), coverage will be extended subject to:
- Insured providers are familiar with and are in compliance with the State Board of Medical Examiners Telemedicine rules, including licensing requirements, for the state(s) where patients are located.
- The practice of the insured provider via telehealth must be within the scope of the provider’s license, skill, training and experience. The services provided to the patient must meet the standard of care that would be provided if the patient were treated on an in-person basis.
- Medical treatment via telehealth will be adequately and properly documented.
This extension of coverage is applicable until such time the Emergency Declaration expires or is rescinded.
Please be aware of new telemedicine requirements in your state of practice as a result of the COVID-19 public health emergency. If you have specific questions please contact LAMMICO at 800.452.2120.
To learn more about telemedicine and licensure (as of March 19, 2020), read this article.
To read more about LSBME's update on telehealth for allied healthcare providers (as of March 21, 2020), click here.